The general guidance for conduct during examinations instructs candidates as follows:
- You must be on time for all your examinations.
- You must not become involved in any unfair or dishonest practice in any part of the examination.
- You must not sit an examination in the name of another candidate.
- You must not have in your possession any unauthorised material or equipment which might give you an unfair advantage.
- Possession of a mobile phone or other unauthorised material is breaking the rules, even if you do not intend to use it, and you will be subject to penalty and possible disqualification.
- You must not talk to, attempt to communicate with or disturb other candidates once you have entered the examination room.
- You must follow the instructions of the invigilator.
- If you are in any doubt speak to the invigilator.
In particular, students are reminded of the strict regulations regarding mobile phones, iPods, MP3/4 players. Possession of these items during an examination results in disqualification from the exam.